Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cash is King.

Making mistakes is part of life, it could be useful to make mistakes. Especially if they teach you how do better in future!
What was my main mistake last year?
Well I followed literally the "buy and hold forever" of Buffett's speeches, and I stayed in the market with my position, just changing a little bit some of the most aggressive to some less aggressive in order to fall down with a Beta not too far by 1. That means more or less as the main index. An higher beta of your portfolio means that you will move faster than your benchmark.
Keeping the positions was good choice because I strongly believe in my asset allocation and all the companies I suggested last year they are still wealthy and doing fine even after the crisis. None of them failed :-)
The problem is that at the end of the bear market cycle it will be great to have a lot of cash to put in stock investment because the recovery we will see in next years will be strong and will give us a lot of satisfactions. My only regret of this crisis is to NOT have a lot of cash in my portfolio to allocate in investment now, that they are trading at P/E so low and when you can see bargains all over!

So, please, learn by MY mistakes and NEVER stay without a good amount of cash :-) Cash is King, another Buffett’s quote.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!
I came across your blog (http://valuefinance.blogspot.com/) while I was going through some finance blogs. You have shared with us very valuable information, I must say..
Being impressed with your blog content, I would like to place your blog link in my finance related website/blog. If you allow me to do so and give me an opportunity to show my blog/website to you for link exchange purpose, then kindly contact me at: dorcia.wellington[at]gmail.com.

Regards,
Dorcia Wellington

QUALITY STOCKS BELOW FIVE DOLLARS said...

Cash is king if your a money enter bank.