Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Value Finance portfolio


When the idea of this blog has come to my mind the very first time, a couple of months ago, I have suddently thought that it would have been necessary to prove somehow the sentences and the ideas that I will express throught this web page.

In order to show my investment philosopy results I have decided to put "on line" some of the details of my portfolio. I will always put on line the results and performances in terms of percentages and not absolute values for privacy matters, the main characteristics:
-% ROI
-portfolio vs benchmark
-stock composition of portfolio with the explanation of why this stock has been bought or sold.

We will call this portfolio Value Finance portfolio, of course!

So, here the first portfolio data:
-7 lines (resulting by buy and sell with different timing all along last years)
-43% of total value in US markets; 34% Germany; 23% France
-1 year return 15,56%
-Last months performance of portfolio vs S&P 500:


Post by Post, you will discover portfolio's lines details with, and it is the big plus, the motivation of why these lines have been chosen and why in this % of total portfolio value.

In addtion to this portfolio, there is a set of mutual funds that have been chosen in order to invest in a market where it is hard to trade for western people, for a lack of knowledge, but we will talk about funds in future post.

1 comment:

QUALITY STOCKS BELOW FIVE DOLLARS said...

I have been a value investor for years it beats growth stock investing by a mile.